My broad area of interest is software engineering. In particular, I am interested in Model-Driven Software Engineering, Aspect-Oriented Modelling, Advanced Separation of Concerns, Software Architecture and Mining Software Repositories.
Prior to joining Trent, I was a PhD student at McGill University where I did research in the area of Model-Driven Engineering (MDE).
Selected Grants and Awards:
- Best Paper Award at the 35th International Conference on Computers and Their Applications, San Fransisco, USA, 2020.
- ACM SIGSOFT Distinguished Paper Award at the International Conference on Software Language Engineering (SLE) in Athens, Greece, 2019.
- Best Paper Award 25th IEEE International Conference of Software Maintenance, ICSM 2009.
- Merit Award for Excellence in Teaching Trent University, 2019.
- Nominated for Symons Award for Excellence in Teaching, Trent University, 2019.
- Chosen as a “favourite professor while being at Trent” by graduating students of Otonabee College (largest college at Trent), 2019.
- NSERC Discovery Grant (DG), 2017-2022, Natural Sciences and Engineering Research Council of Canada (NSERC).
- NSERC Postdoctoral Fellowship (declined), 2016-2018, Natural Sciences and Engineering Research Council of Canada (NSERC).
- FRQNT Postdoctoral Fellowship (declined), 2016-2018, Fonds de recherche du Québec – Nature et technologies (FRQNT).
- NSERC CGS (Alexander Graham Bell Canada Graduate Scholarship), 2013-2015, Natural Sciences and Engineering Research Council of Canada (NSERC).
- Graduate Excellence Fellowship, 2012-2013, McGill University.
1- COIS 3030 (Software Specification): Fall 2016.
2- COIS 2240 (Software Design and Modeling): Winter 2017.
3- COIS 3040 (Software Architecture): Winter 2017.
4- COIS 1010 (Digital World): Fall 2016/Winter 2017.
5- COIS 4000 (Software Engineering Project): Fall 2017/Winter 2017.